2020 Fall Conference
Stonewall Resort – Roanoke, WV
Appalachian Hardwood Manufacturers, Inc. has scheduled a Fall Conference to discuss workforce development and promotions for the hardwood industry.
The event is planned for Sept. 28-30 at the Stonewall Resort in Roanoke, WV. The facility has extensive COVID-19 plans in place and the state of West Virginia does allow groups with an invited or registered list of attendees to meet if they follow social distancing and facemask guidelines.
The event will begin with an outdoor Welcoming reception on Monday, Sept. 28 from 5:30 – 7 pm. The business program is Tuesday, Sept. 29 at 8:30 a.m. and will offer three of the programs from the canceled summer conference:
- Growing Hardwood Jobs In Appalachia – representatives from the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) will discuss ways to assist workforce training and market development in the Appalachian area. ARC is a regional economic development agency that represents a partnership of federal, state, and local governments. The session will be facilitated by community college leaders who are eager to provide training.
- Real American Hardwood Promotion – an update from the team developing a domestic promotion program for hardwoods. The market research has been completed and a plan will be underway in September for companies and associations to work together promoting the American hardwood resource to customers;
- Growing Hardwood Markets from Appalachia’s Hardwoods – The second part of the ARC agenda is new markets for hardwood products. HMR’s David Caldwell will have an update on markets in 2020. There will be a discussion with attendees on ways to assist market development.
ARC will follow up with a brainstorming session at 2 pm with select attendees to dig deeper into the employee and market issues.
There will be golf and sporting clays tournaments beginning at 1 pm. Golf is set at the Palmer Course at Stonewall Resort, an incredible Arnold Palmer Signature Course that offers superb conditions, peaceful surroundings, and an unmatched natural setting. The Stonewall Sporting Clays course features 16 stations as well as five-stand and challenges every shooting skill. Guns, ammo, targets, and cart for the course is provided.
There will be a second reception and dinner on Tuesday beginning at 6 pm. Attendees can depart Tuesday evening or Wednesday.
The AHMI Board of Trustees will meet Wednesday morning.
|AHMI will offer online access to the Tuesday session through Zoom Meetings. If you register for virtual-only, you will have access to the session from 8:30 to 12 noon on Tuesday and will view each of the presentations as they are given live from the Stonewall Conference Center. Thank you to PLM Ins. for sponsoring this access.|
The Stonewall Resort has guidelines in place that follow local, state, and federal restrictions for COVID-19. Social distancing will be enforced and masks required in all public areas. AHMI will have masks available.
The hotel has established detailed rules for sanitizing guest rooms, restaurants, and all public spaces. West Virginia Gov. Justice has issued guidelines that allow conferences to be held for groups that require advanced registration and accurate attendee lists.
The Stonewall Resort is a truly unique lakeside destination. The rustic yet elegant Adirondack-style lodge is perched alongside quiet lake waters, and surrounded by 1,900 park acres.
AHMI is extending invitations to members of the West Virginia Forestry Association, Appalachian Lumbermen’s Club, and the Penn York Lumber Club. All are invited to participate and network.
We have several sponsorship opportunities for companies and sales teams to assist AHMI and promote your products to attendees. Sponsors receive 1) Recognition in the packets; 2) Signage for each sponsored event, and 3) Recognition during the meeting.
Please contact AHMI for the best selection. Please make room reservations before Aug. 31 by contacting the Resort at (304) 269-7400 and ask for the Appalachian Hardwood block or follow this link to reserve your room online.
For more information, please call the AHMI office at (336) 885-8315 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the links below to register online or to download the registration forms.
(online registration open soon)
2020 Fall Conference – Sept. 28-30
Stonewall Resort, Roanoke, WV
Monday, Sept., 28
5:30 pm – Welcome Reception
Dinner on your own
Tuesday, Sept. 29
8:30 am – General Session
1) Growing Hardwood Industry Jobs in Appalachia – Appalachian Regional Commission and Community College leaders
2) Real American Hardwood Promotion – RAHP Coalition
3) Growing Markets for Appalachia’s Hardwoods – David Caldwell, HMR, and ARC
Virtual Access provided by PLM Insurance
1 pm – Golf Tournament – Palmer Course at Stonewall Resort
Prizes from Corley Manufacturing
Refreshments from SII Dry Kilns
1 pm – Sporting Clays – Stonewall Sporting Clays
Sponsored by Farm Credit of the Virginias
6-7 pm – Tally Express / DMSi Reception
7 pm – Dinner
Wednesday, Sept. 30
9 am – AHMI Board of Trustees
Have a safe trip home